ACRL-LA Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2017, 02:31:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forum is primarily for voting.
Click here to return to ACRLLA.ORG
263 Posts in 62 Topics by 102 Members
Latest Member: Eric
Home Help Search Login Register
ACRL-LA Forum  |  Old forums  |  New Acquisitions  |  Topic: Introductions!
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Introductions!  (Read 15253 times)
niemla
Webmaster
Administrator
Colonel

Welcome to the board!

View Profile Email
« on: October 22, 2008, 12:05:40 PM »

Hi,

I'm Karen Niemla, ACRL-LA's webmaster and Administrator of these forums. I am a reference librarian at The University of Louisiana at Monroe. Here is a link to my Faculty web page.

I hope you all will enjoy being here.
gailkwak
Corporal

View Profile gailkwak.com Email
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 03:34:24 PM »

Hi, Karen!  This for setting up this forum for us!

This is Gail Kwak.  I'm the Government Information librarian at Northwestern in Natchitoches.  I'm also the LOUIS System Administrator.

I live here in Natchitoches with my husband and a house full of cats.
MeganL
Corporal

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 10:13:00 AM »

Hi, everybody! Karen, this forum is awesome!

My name is Megan Lowe, I'm a reference librarian at the University of Louisiana at Monroe. I'm also the chair of the ACRL-LA Mentorship Committee and the editor of the ACRL-LA newsletter. :)

I live in Monroe with my husband and four cats (kinda like Gail).
Jeanne Pavy
Corporal

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 02:25:41 PM »

Hello!  My name is Jeanne Pavy and I'm a reference/instruction/collection development librarian for several humanities departments at the University of New Olreans.
Elaine Smyth
Corporal

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 01:41:54 PM »

Hi, All --

I'm Elaine Smyth, head of Special Collections for the LSU Libraries.  I look forward to talking with you all about topics of mutual interest.  One thing I'm really interested in is preservation.  I would love to get a regional center going (like the North East Document Conservation Center) in Louisiana.  If you're interested, please chime in!

Best,

Elaine
jessicahutchings
Corporal

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 09:26:37 AM »

Howdy,

This is Jessica Hutchings, and I'm the current secretary/treasurer for ACRL/LA. I'm also the head of reference at McNeese State University in Lake Charles.

Karen, you've done such an awesome job with this website and forum! Yay!
cwrenn
Corporal

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 11:45:45 AM »

Hello ACRL Members & especially Karen,

I am Christy Wrenn, Director of Library Services at Magale Library on the campus of Centenary College in Shreveport.  I'm probably the most experienced librarian on the block right now.  You name it and I have done it for at least 2-3 years.  I have even worked in a newspaper morgue.  I have managed two departments at once; not fun at all, but doable.

Karen, you have done a Wonderful job on this web site, and putting together this forum was a great idea.  THANK YOU!

I also want to tell the ARCL-LA group that the Workshops have been very useful and informative.

It is great to meet everyone.
MikeMatthews
Board Brigade
Corporal

"Smithers...Have the Rolling Stones killed."

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 11:37:07 AM »

Hi there! I'm Mike Matthews the president of this here organization. I'm very happy and proud to see our website and forums so professionally detailed.

Pleasant Reminder: Vote on the by-laws!

Cristina C
Corporal

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 12:24:42 PM »

Hello,

I'm Cristina Caminita, the General Services librarian and head of circulation at BRCC.  I'm also one of the backup systems administrators and the subject liaision for speech, foreign languages, art, music, and theatre. 
reblakeley
Corporal

AOL Instant Messenger - MSUGovDoc Yahoo Instant Messenger - MSUGovDoc
View Profile Gov Docs on the Bayou! Email
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 12:53:02 PM »

Hello! Rebecca Blakeley, your Legislative Liaison here. I am the Government Documents Librarian at McNeese. You may see me post random tidbits of info regarding legislation relating to libraries. ;-)
niemla
Webmaster
Administrator
Colonel

Welcome to the board!

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 05:31:10 PM »

You may see me post random tidbits of info regarding legislation relating to libraries. ;-)
I look forward to it  :)
Debra
Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 07:59:30 PM »

Greetings all from Debra Rollins at LSUA. I'm excited to see interest and participation in ACRL growing--credit goes to our recent leaders and members willing to get involved. 

Looking forward to seeing many in Baton Rouge on Sept. 30 for the meeting.
niemla
Webmaster
Administrator
Colonel

Welcome to the board!

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 12:30:53 PM »

Yes, I'm looking forward to next Tuesday also! And thanks for your kind words.  :)
pbrown
Corporal

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2014, 07:35:12 AM »

Even though this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days, it still seems like the place for introductions. I'm Patricia Brown, the all-purpose reference and instruction librarian at LSU Eunice. Greetings!
niemla
Webmaster
Administrator
Colonel

Welcome to the board!

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2014, 03:13:23 PM »

Yeah, I had hoped this place could be a hangout, but most people prefer listservs.  :-\  Still, it's been good for election polls since I can confirm memberships and make sure only members vote.
Pages: [1] Print 
ACRL-LA Forum  |  Old forums  |  New Acquisitions  |  Topic: Introductions! « previous next »